Technical Cooperation Program (TCP) Among IDB Member Countries
This vehicle aims to augment the skills and enrich the experience of technical
and professional staff. It consists of the three types Formal Training, Study
Visits, Familiarization Visits and as following:
- Formal Training:
- Duration : 1 to 4 months
- Target Group :Middle management and technical officials in public or private
organizations for a maximum four officials.
- Purpose: To upgrade the skills and knowledge and improve proficiency in
their performance for execution of functions.
- Study Visits
Study visits are designed to allow the officials from one member
country to acquire knowledge and experience on specific issue from another
country. Hence, it is an educational tour to acquaint officials of the IDB
member countries with institutions, industries etc. of other member countries.
- Duration : Maximum period is 2 weeks
- Target group: Senior-level officials, directors and higher, maximum five
- Purpose : The purpose of this programme is to acquaint personnel of a member
country with similar institutions/ industries of other member countries in
order to enrich the experience and knowledge of the target group.
- Familiarization Visits:
The Islamic Development Bank offers a familiarization visit to
it's headquartering to officials from IDB member countries to help them understand
IDB activities and windows. Furthermore, the familiarization visits aim to
achieve the following objectives:
- To alleviate the effect of change of staff in the member countries as well
as to cater for amendments in the Bank's policies
- To acquire more information on IDB operations and windows.
- To allow OIC member states to open dialogue with IDB to become a member
country of IDB.
- Duration : 5 to 10 days
- Target Group: Middle and upper Management, two to three officials.
- Purpose : The familiarization visits to IDB headquarter are organized for
the officials dealing with IDB’s operations in the member countries to help
them understand IDB activities and windows.
IDB sponsors such visits once in three years and the travel cost is borne
by the countries concerned except LDMCs and CIS.
- Total financing for each operation should not exceed US$ 25,000
- Trainees would normally be paid daily maximum subsistence of US$ 100 per
day to cover boarding and lodging expenses.
- IDB pays US$ 100 (pocket money) per week for each trainee only when IDB
pays fee to the organizing institutions for providing accommodation, meal,
local transportation and other relevant facilities.
- The training will not be provided to the same persons more than once every
- The trainees should possess basic professional qualification and relevant
work experience in the development-oriented sector or organization.
- The training must be within the priority areas of the Bank.
Coverage: Must guarantee continued payment of salaries and other fringe benefits
to the trainees.
Coverage: - Reception/Departure formalities at the airport.
- Training facilities and documents free of cost.
Modalities and Procedures:
- Applicants must complete and submit the prescribed application forms to
the TCO providing detailed information.
- The application must be supported and endorsed by the Office of the IDB
Governor or the National Focal Point for the country concerned.