REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (CONSULTANT SERVICES): The developing an appropriate regulatory, supervisory and Sharia frameworks for Islamic banking and Islamic monetary policy tolls in the Kyrgyz Republic
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTANT SERVICES)
The developing an appropriate regulatory, supervisory and Sharia frameworks for Islamic banking and Islamic monetary policy tools in the Kyrgyz Republic
The project General Procurement Notice was published in the Websites of Islamic Development Bank and the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic on October 7, 2018.
The National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic has applied for financing from the Islamic Development Bank toward the cost of the developing an appropriate regulatory, supervisory and Sharia frameworks for Islamic banking and Islamic monetary policy tools in the Kyrgyz Republic, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services.
The National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide specific information, which demonstrates that they are fully qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Experience in the following area or tasks shall be the minimum requirement for the assignment:
• relevant work experience and similar projects in the region or internationally for central banks, commercial banks (preferably in the CIS and Eastern European countries);
• experience in consultancy on issues of Shariah standards, legislation related to Islamic finance, on issues of supervision Islamic financial institutions;
• experience in consultancy on tax issues related to Islamic finance;
• experience in consultancy on Islamic deposit insurance system;
• mandatory availability of international certificates in the area of accounting or auditing, such as AAOIFI accounting and audit;
• extensive experience in providing consulting services at the international level for central banks to develop and implement financial instruments which comply with the principles of Islamic financing, and monetary policy instruments. The Consultant should indicate at least three projects in which it participated and which were successfully implemented.
Consultants may express interests in the forms of association, validated by an agreement among members of the association, which clearly specifies the type of association, i.e. a joint-venture, intermediate forms of association, or sub consultancy.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Guidelines for the Use of Consultants under Islamic Development Bank Financing (current edition).
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 26.11.2018 through the e-mail.
National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic
Ms. Nazira Okenova
101, Umetaliev str., Bishkek, 720 040,
Tel.: +996 312 66 91 52, +996 312 66 90 17