Jobs in Indonesia Hub
IsDB Regional Hub Indonesia (RHI) Internship
IsDB Regional Hub Indonesia (RHI) Internship
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is a AAA rated Multilateral Development Bank mandated to promote social and economic development in its 57 Member Countries and Muslim Communities worldwide. The IsDB is a global leader in Islamic Finance, providing long term sustainable and ethical financing structures. The IsDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving social & economic infrastructure, health, education, transport, energy & agricultural sectors.
Islamic Development Bank Group Internship Program in Indonesia
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Group Regional Hub Indonesia is seeking qualified Undergraduate or recently graduated (Bachelor or Master’s Degree) applicants to participate in its Internship Program.
IsDB Internship Program provides a wide range or opportunity to gain insight into the work of Islamic Finance and Development. The selected applicants from diverse academic backgrounds will be assigned to the IsDB Regional Hub Indonesia office, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments.
The program is open for applications maximum four times a year. IsDB Regional Hub Indonesia will only accept full-time interns for a minimum of two months and extendable up to six months, this extension is subject to the performance evaluation and the approval of the IsDB Regional Hub Indonesia. After completing the internship period cumulatively up to 6 months, the internship cannot be renewed.
Candidates applying to the program should meet the following criteria:
Undergraduate or graduate students, or fresh graduates with Diploma / Associate, Bachelor, or Master’s Degree;
- Nationalities :
- Indonesian nationals or
- Other IsDB Member Countries’ nationals residing in Indonesia or
- Member of Muslim Communities of IsDB non-member countries residing in Jakarta
- Never been previously enrolled in any of IsDB’s Internship Programme for more than 4 months cumulatively;
- Having most recent GPA of 3.00 and above (0-4);
- Be medically fit
- Having good communication skills : Proficiency in speaking and writing in English ;
- Computer literate in standard software applications ;
- Demonstrate skills in analytical thinking, communication, and research ;
- Able to perform a variety of tasks;
- Consistently approach work with energy and positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the fields of Development and Banking, and have a personal affinity to the IsDB vision and mission.
The beneficiaries of the program are expected to obtain the following skills upon finishing the programme:
General Skill :
- Capability of basic office works and tools
- Capability to work on specific assignments under strict timeline
2. Specific Skills :
- Comprehension of IsDB Group and its operations in the following sectors :
- Project and Corporate Finance
- Public / Private Partnership
- Islamic Finance
- Trade Finance
- Export and Investment Insurance
- South – South Cooperation
- Understanding of development project cycle and contribution to IsDB project development and implementation.
Upon completing the internship, interns will receive a recommendation (reference) letter to acknowledge their work in the IsDB Regional Hub Indonesia indicating their performance and achievements. Interns will receive opportunities to attend internal training and workshop if such training occurs during the internship period.
Program Scope of Activities:
Interns may be assigned to assist in the following tasks:
Annual programming for IsDB sovereign financing activities,
- Business development and deal sourcing of PPPs and Private Sector,
- Conducting appraisals (due diligence) on new projects for sovereign and private sector financing,
- Providing research and analysis on macro/micro economic related subjects,
- Supporting in the execution/implementation of approved projects,
- Assisting and reviewing Terms of References (TORs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs),
- Assist in preparation of presentation and marketing materials,
- Providing analysis on the effectiveness of IsDB Group operations in Indonesia,
- Supporting events/workshops as applicable,
- Providing administrative support and assistance to key activities,
- Other tasks to be agreed upon.
The IsDB Regional Hub Indonesia will bear any expenses related to missions undertaken as part of the activities.
All expenses connected with an Intern’s participation in the Program must be borne by the intern. IsDB may provide a stipend at the end of the internship program, based upon satisfactory performance appraisal during the internship.
Application for the Internship (download here)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Professional reference / recommendation letter
The program is conducted quarterly (on the months of January, April, July, October) and we look forward to receiving your applications. The upcoming batch will start in July 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for final selection.
To apply for this job email your details to Ndarapati@isdb.org