Consultancy Services for Engineering Design Review, Tendering and Supervision of the Project Implementation
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANT SERVICES – SELECTION OF FIRMS)
COUNTRY: Republic of Tajikistan
NAME OF PROJECT: The LLF-Project for Improving Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health Services in Four Districts of the Khatlon Region of the Republic of Tajikistan
CONSULTING SERVICES: Consultancy Services for Engineering Design Review, Tendering and Supervision of the Project Implementation”
Mode of Financing: Instalment Sale Financing blended with LLF Grant
Financing No.: TJK1029
The Government of the Republic of Tajikistan has received financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the Lives and Livelihoods Fund (LLF) toward the cost of the LLF-Project for Improving Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (MNCH) Services in Four Districts of the Khatlon Region of the Republic of Tajikistan, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services.
The project is expected to achieve the following outputs by end of 2023: i) The Dangara Polyclinic and the Central District Hospitals (CDHs) in Nurek and Khavoling completed/optimized/constructed; ii) Dangara Polyclinic, the four target CDHs as well as 129 Rural/District/City Health Houses/Centers equipped; iii) More than 30 training courses/workshops/conferences on MNCH related and primary health disciplines for training of more than 2000 health services providers including doctors, nurses, midwives, PHC workers, etc. organized; iv) Inter-related studies for developing MNCH Policies and Programs including the National RMNCAH Program conducted; and, iv) 24 Public Health Fairs and Social Mobilization Campaigns organized; v) 11,000 MNCH Handbook printed for introduction and distribution pregnant women; vi) An operational Referral System for EmONC established; and, vii) more than 20,000 peoples reached through Public Awareness Campaigns; and, viii) Accessibility and quality of primary health care in rural areas increased.
The services will, inter-alia, include:
- Quality assessment and auditing of civil works carried out in the Dangara Polyclinic;
- Reviewing/revising of the Detailed Architectural and Engineering Design of the civil works;
- Supervision of civil works;
- Review and update the list of medical supplies, equipment, and furniture;
- Prepare technical specifications of the equipment, furniture and medical supplies;
- Purchasing, commissioning and installation of equipment and furniture
- Purchasing and distribution of medicine;
- Preparation of bidding documents, processing of procurement activities, preparation of bid evaluation reports as well as drafting and negotiation of contract for goods, works and services;
- Contract administration;
- Monitoring and progress reporting of project components/activities (Monthly and quarterly progress reports, midterm review report, project closing report, etc.);
- Validation/ascertaining of the delivery of goods, services and works and preparation of payment documentations;
- Measuring, recording and reporting of the progress in achieving the key indicators.
- Overall administrative support to EA/PMU in project management, including training of the staff of Executing Agency/PMU on effective project management.
The estimated level of effort (professional staff-moths) is expected to be about 234 man/month including/national experts and support staff.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below.
The Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan as executing agency of the Project now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide specific information which demonstrates that they are fully qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
The Consultant shall provide sufficient internationally qualified and experienced staff and supported by adequate number of local professional staffs to ensure proper project management, procurement services, purchasing and installation of equipment, development of health system and construction supervision of the works. The Consultant personnel shall consist of key, non-key and supporting staff.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- Consultant conforms with IsDB eligibility rules;
- Consultancy firm is expected to have wide work experience in the field of construction of infrastructure projects and management of health sector operations;
- Specific experience in civil works, purchasing of medical equipment, institutional development of health system and public awareness activities;
- Consultancy firm should have experience in IsDB or other similar MDB funded projects of a similar nature and size, with proven knowledge of FIDIC based and/or IsDB conditions of contract and procurement.
- Consultant shall be free from conflicts of interest that give rise to a competitive advantage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Paragraphs, 1.23, and 1.24 of the Guidelines for Procurement of Consultant Services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing (the “Procurement Guidelines”), setting forth IsDB’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A consultant will be selected through shortlist of international firms in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Procurement Guidelines.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan, International Cooperation Unit of the Department of Reform, PHC and International Relations from 09:00 to 17:00 local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 23 May 2020.
Ministry of health and social protection of population of Tajikistan
Attention: Rahimova Rano Head of the International Ccooperation unit of the Department of the reforms, PHC and international relations
69, Shevchenko str, building in the garden of the Ministry
734025, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Web site: moh.tj