Construction of Basic Community Infrastructure for the Livestock and Fisheries Development Project (Lifidep)
1. The Government of the Republic of Cameroon has received funding from the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) towards the cost of the Livestock and Fisheries Development Project (LIFIDEP) for the North West Region of Cameroon and the Project intends to apply a portion of this financing to eligible payments under the Contract for the construction of basic community infrastructure in the North West Region.
2. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in the UN Development Business website dated 7th January 2014, the IDB website dated 7th January 2014 and Cameroon Tribune dated 10th January 2014.
3. Participation in this invitation for bids is open to Member Country firms of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), eligible under the Bank’s financing.
Besides the clause on boycott as per the Islamic Conference Organization, the Arab League and the African Union Regulations, shall be excluded from the tender, any Contractor that falls under the following provisions:
- Enterprises under suspension because of the cancellation of a contract, in keeping with article 191 of decree NO 2018/366 of 20 June 2018 bearing on Cameroon Public Contracts Code,
- Non-legally and financially autonomous public enterprises which are not managed in keeping with commercial law rules.
4. The Livestock and Fisheries Development Project (LIFIDEP), invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction of basic community infrastructure in the North West Region, Cameroon as per the following two lots:
Lot 1: The construction of:
a) 100 classrooms+100 school toilets ( 16 Boyo Division, 13 Bui Division, 25 Donga-Mantung Division , 16 Mezam Division, 15 Menchum Division, 8 Momo Division, 7 Ngoh-Ketunja Division)
b) 20 community halls (3 Boyo Division, 3 Bui Division, 3 Donga-Mantung Division , 3 Mezam Division, 3 Menchum Division, 3 Momo Division, 2 Ngoh-Ketunja Division)
c) 20 Health Centers (3 Boyo Division, 3 Bui Division, 3 Donga-Mantung Division , 3 Mezam Division, 3 Menchum Division, 3 Momo Division, 2 Ngoh-Ketunja Division))
Lot 2: The construction of:
a) 7 cattle markets in Fundong, Takija, Binshua, Misaje, Mendankwe, Acha-Tugi and Babungo
b) 27 rural water schemes (4 Boyo Division, 4 Bui Division, 5 Donga-Mantung Division , 3 Mezam Division, 4 Menchum Division, 3 Momo Division, 4 Ngoh-Ketunja Division)
A candidate can bid for both lots as a unique candidate or joint venture, consortium, or association (JVCA). Each lot will be awarded to a bidder who satisfies all the qualification requirements of the lot. A bidder can be awarded both lots.
5. Bidding will be conducted through International Competitive Bidding/IDB Member Countries according to "Guidelines for Procurement of Goods and Works under Islamic Development Bank Financing, May 2009 (updated 2012)", and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Guidelines as per 3 above,
6. Interested eligible bidders who may need further clarification could do so in writing to the Project Coordinator of LIFIDEP, LIFIDEP Building Ayaba street, P.O Box 142, Mankon Bamenda, Téléphone : (+237) 691 046 397, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, at least fifteen (15) days before the closing date for submission of bids.
Qualification requirements include; (a) financial Standing, (b) experience and technical capacity.
7. A complete set of the Bidding Documents in English can be consulted during working hours, at the Secretariat of the Project Coordinator, LIFIDEP Building Ayaba Street, Bamenda Cameroon, e-mail: email@example.com, as soon as this notice is published, or obtained upon presentation of receipt of payment of a non-refundable sum of one hundred Thousand (100,000) FCFA, payable into account Number NO 33598845001-20 in the name of << SPECIAL ACCOUNT SAC-ARMP> in any of BICEC branches in Cameroon. Such a receipt shall identify the payer as representing a Contractor or “joint-venture” willing to participate in the bid.
8. Bids shall be valid for one hundred and twenty (120) days from the date of submission.
9. The execution time frames shall be 9 months per lot. Where a bidder wins both lots, the execution times shall run concurrently:
10. Bids shall include a bid security (Provisional Bank Guarantee or bid bond), issued in keeping with the tender model by a first category banking institution approved by the Cameroon Ministry in charge of Finance. It shall stand at
Lot 1: 44 000 000 (Forty four million) FCFA
Lot 2: 26 000 000 (twenty six Million) Francs CFA
and be valid for a period of one hundred and fifty (150) days with effect from the tender-submission deadline.
A provisional guarantee issued by a non-Cameroon-based banking institution should designate a local bank or financial institution approved by the Ministry in charge of Finance, Cameroon as a correspondent bank to make the guarantee operative.
The absence or non-compliance of the provisional guarantee with the tender model shall lead to a rejection of the corresponding offer.
11. Each bid written in English or French and in seven (07) sets, comprising one (01) original and six (06) copies labelled as such, should reach the Secretariat of the Project Coordinator, LIFIDEP Building Ayaba Street, Bamenda, Cameroon, on or before the October 19, 2018 at 10.00H local time (GMT+1). It should be labelled as follows:
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING ISLAMIC DEVELOPMENT
BANK (IsDB) MEMBER COUNTRIES N°__/ICB/MC/MINMAP/CCPM-BEC/2018 OF _____ FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF BASIC COMMUNITY INFRASTRUCTURE FOR THE LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (LIFIDEP) IN TWO (02) LOTS (LOT(S) NO….)
Financing: ISLAMIC DEVELOPMENT BANK (IDB)
<<TO BE OPENED ONLY DURING THE TENDERS BOARD BID-OPENING SESSION>>
12. Bids shall be opened on October 19, 2018 at 11.00H local time by the LIFIDEP Special Tenders’ Board in the Board Room Ground Floor LIFIDEP Building, Ayaba Street, Bamenda Cameroon in the presence of bidders or their duly authorized representatives having a perfect knowledge of the file.
Only one person can represent a bidder, even in the case of a Joint-Venture.
For all acts of corruption, kindly call or send an SMS to MINMAP at these numbers: (+237)673 20 57 25/ (+237)699 37 07 48
Bamenda, the ………
- IsDB (for publication)
- Jeune Afrique Economie
- Cameroon Tribune (for Publication)
- ARMP (for publication and archiving)
- Chairperson LIFIDEP Special Tenders’ Board (for information)
-Notice boards (for information).