FOR PREPARATION OF INFRASTRUCTURE DESIGNS & SUPERVISION FOR the CONSTRUCTION & EQUIPPING OF THE NEW SKILLS DEVELOPMENT HEADQUARTERS BUILDING IN KAMPALA
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SPORTS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
FOR PREPARATION OF INFRASTRUCTURE DESIGNS & SUPERVISION
FOR THE CONSTRUCTION & EQUIPPING OF
THE NEW SKILLS DEVELOPMENT HEADQUARTERS BUILDING IN KAMPALA
Procurement Reference: IsDB-MOES/SRVCS/2021/00004
Country: REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
Name of Project: Business, Technical & Vocational Education & Training
(BTVET) Support Project
Consulting Services: For Preparation of Infrastructure Designs & Supervision, for the Construction & Equipping of the New Skills Development Headquarters Building in Kampala
Modes of Financing: IsDB Loan
Financing No: UGA-1022
- The Government of the Republic of Uganda, represented by the Ministry of Education and Sports, has received financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) toward the cost of the Business, Technical & Vocational Education & Training (BTVET) Support Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for consultancy services.
The services include:
- Preparation of infrastructure designs and supervision services, for the construction and equipping of the new Skills Development Headquarters Building, at the Ministry of Education and Sports site located off Kigobe Road, adjacent to Kyambogo University in Northern Kampala. The building, which shall not exceed seven levels, will have an estimated total floor area of 10,500sqm, comprising a reception/security area, staff offices, boardrooms, a 600-seater conference hall, a 120-seater cafeteria, washrooms, pantries and storage rooms. Building services will include water, drainage, power, telephone, data, Internet, fire fighting and CCTV. The scope of civil works will also include priority external works. The subject consultancy services will be implemented over a period of 48 months from the estimated commencement date of February 2021. The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be downloaded from the tenders section of the IsDB website (www.Isdb.org) or the Ministry of Education and Sports website (www.education.go.ug). Alternatively, a hard copy can be obtained from the address given under paragraph 7 below.
Invitation for expressions of interest:
- The Ministry now invites eligible consulting firms (“consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the subject services. Interested consultants must provide specific information, which demonstrates that they are fully qualified to perform the services (including brochures, description of similar assignments handled, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among their staff, etc).
The shortlisting criteria will include:
- Eligibility under the IsDB Procurement Guidelines.
- Suitability of core business and organisation structure of firm(s) for the assignment.
- Acceptable professional and technical capacity of firm(s).
- At least two successfully completed similar assignments in the last seven (7) years.
- No history of poor performing contracts evidenced by client recommendation letters.
Key experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
- The attention of interested consultants is drawn to Paragraphs, 1.23 and 1.24 of the Guidelines for Procurement of Consultancy Services under IsDB Project Financing (the “Procurement Guidelines”), setting forth the IsDB policy on conflict of interest.
- Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if and when selected.
- A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method, from a Shortlist of International Consulting Firms, as set out in the IsDB Procurement Guidelines.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours i.e. 09:00 to 16:00 hours Local Time. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the same address below (in person) by 15.00hrs Local Time on 10th September 2020.
The Head, Procurement and Disposal Unit,
Ministry of Education and Sports,
Floor 3 Room 3.7, Embassy House, King George VI Way,
P.O. Box 7063, Kampala (Uganda)
Mr. Alex Kakooza