improvement of water resources management in khatlon region project
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
REPUBLIC OF TAJIKISTAN
IMPROVEMENT OF WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT IN KHATLON REGION PROJECT
Sector: Water Resources
Mode of Financing: Loan
Financing No.: TJK-1013
The Government of Republic of Tajikistan has applied for financing in the amount of US$ 20.00 million equivalent from the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development of the Islamic Development Bank toward the cost of Improvement of Water Resources Management in Khatlon Region Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works, related services and consulting services to be procured under this project. The estimated total project cost is US$ 53.5 million. This project will be jointly financed by the Islamic Development Bank in its capacity as the administrator of the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development, Saudi Fund for Development, OPEC Fund for International Development and Government of the Republic of Tajikistan.
The project will include the following main components:
Component A. Improvement of Water Resources Management Infrastructure
- Construction and upgrading irrigation and drainage schemes covering 3,000 ha land in Dangara Valley;
- Modernization of selected irrigation pumping stations with efficient pumps to improve water supply to 16,800 ha arable land, including reclamation of 5,300 ha land currently not cropped;
- Construction and rehabilitation of rural water supply system, and rehabilitation of sanitation facilities in social institutions (schools, kindergarten, health centers, etc) in selected districts.
Component B. Access to Islamic Finance
- Extending shariah complaint line of finance (including micro0finance) to farmers and rural people to support them in agriculture value chain financing (in production, processing and marketing) and in rural development,
- Consultancy service in capability building in Islamic finance,
- Supporting Advocacy and Monitoring and Evaluation Unit to promote Islamic finance.
Component C. Sustainable Management of Water Infrastructure
- Supply of key O&M machinery and equipment for local irrigation water management authorities and water utility operator;
- Capacity development and institutional strengthening in water resources management.
Component D – Consultancy Services (Detailed Design and Supervision)
- Preparation of detailed engineering design including environmental assessment, expertise review;
- Consultancy service for design review, tendering, construction supervision and contract management.
Procurement of contracts financed by the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods, Works and related services under IsDB Project Financing (April 2019), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Guidelines. Consulting services will be selected in accordance with the Guidelines for the Procurement of Consultant Services under IsDB Project Financing (April 2019).
Procurement of IsDB financed components will be carried out as follows:
Subcomponent A (ii) - Modernization of Pump Stations:
International Competitive Bidding (ICB)
Subcomponent A (iii) - Rural Water Supply & Sanitation Facilities:
National Competitive Bidding (NCB)
Subcomponent B (ii) - Capacity Building on Islamic Finance:
Quality and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) from the short-
list of IsDB Member Country
Specific procurement notices for contracts to be bid under the Islamic Development Bank’s international competitive bidding (ICB) or National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures and for contracts for consultancy services will be announced, as they become available, in IsDB Website, UNDB, DgMarket, web-site of the Executing Agency, and local newspapers (as applicable).
Interested eligible firms and individuals who would wish to be considered for the provision of goods, works and consulting services for the above mentioned project, or those requiring additional information, should contact the Beneficiary at the address below.
Project Implementation Unit Dangara Valley Irrigation
Attn: Kh.Khakimzoda, Director
10 Bokhtar Str., 3rd floor
734024, Tajikistan, Dushanbe
Tel: (992372) 2278739
Fax: (992372) 2278786