GPN - Component 1 to 6: Irrigation Schemes Development, Agribusiness Development, Integrated Natural Resources Management, Project Management/Project Coordination Unit, Project Financial Audit and Contingency Emergency Response
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Country: REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
Name of Project: Irrigation Schemes Development in Unyama, Namalu and Sipi Regions in Uganda.
Sector: Water, Environment and Agriculture
Notice Type: General Procurement Notice
Modes of Financing: ISFD Loan and Instalment Sale
Financing No: UGA-1038
The Government of the Republic of Uganda, represented by the Ministry of Water and Environment, has applied for financing in the amount of United States Dollars Ninety Million (US$ 90 million) from the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) toward the cost of the Irrigation Schemes Development in Unyama, Namalu and Sipi Regions Project in Uganda, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for the works, goods and services to be procured under this project. This project will be jointly financed by the African Development Bank (AfDB), Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA) and Nordic Development Fund (NDF).
The project will include the following components:
Component 1: Irrigation Schemes Development
Component 2: Agribusiness Development
Component 3: Integrated Natural Resources Management
Component 4: Project Management/Project Coordination Unit
Component 5: Project Financial Audit
Component 6: Contingency Emergency Response
The goods, works and services to be procured are as follows:
- Construction of Namalu Irrigation Scheme Infrastructure and Facilities in Nakapiripirit District -ICB/MC
- Construction of Unyama Irrigation Scheme Infrastructure and Facilities in Amuru and Gulu Districts -ICB/MC
- Construction of Sipi Irrigation Scheme Infrastructure and Facilities in Bulambuli District –NCB
- Construction- civil works and other structures for sedimentation, siltation and erosion control-NCB
- Procurement of Operation and Maintenance Equipment-NCB
- Procurement of Meteorological Station Equipment and of GPS-NCB
- Procurement of Project Vehicles and Motorcycles-NCB
- Procurement of post-harvest handling equipment, Fish, Apiculture Value Addition Equipment, Agriculture Inputs, Energy Efficient Technologies, Office Furniture and IT Equipment-Shopping.
- Provision of Consultancy Services for Design Review and Supervision of the Construction of Unyama, Namalu and Sipi Irrigation Schemes and Facilities-QCBS/MC Shortlists.
- Provision of Consultancy Services for Establishment of Sustainable Farmer Based Management, Agronomy and Farming Systems, Trainings, forestry resources inventory and assessment, preparation of Catchment Management Plans, Baseline Surveys and Environmental Audit-QCBS/National Firms.
Procurement of contracts financed by IsDB will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods, Works and related services under IsDB Project Financing (April 2019), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined therein and detailed below. Similarly, Consulting Services will be selected in accordance with the Guidelines for the Procurement of Consultant Services under IsDB Project Financing (April 2019).
Specific Procurement Notices for contracts to be bid under the IsDB’s International Competitive Bidding (ICB) and for contracts for Consultancy Services, will be announced as and when they become available, on the IsDB External Website, UNDB Online and Dg Market websites, the Ministry of Water and Environment Website www.mwe.go.ug, PDU Notice Board, relevant technical magazines and local newspapers such as The New Vision, The Daily Monitor and alike.
Interested eligible firms and individuals who would wish to be considered as potential bidders for the provision of Goods, Works and Services for the above mentioned project, or those requiring additional information, should contact the Beneficiary at the address below:
Ministry of Water and Environment
Attention Head Procurement and Disposal Unit
Plot 3-7 Kabalega Crescent Luzira,
P.O. Box 20026, Kampala – Uganda
Telephone: +256-0417 889400
Ministry of Water and Environment