Technical and Vocational Education and Training Project in the Mountainous Regions of Tajikistan - 4 Components
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Country Name – Republic of Tajikistan
Project Name – Technical and Vocational Education and Training Project in the Mountainous Regions of
Project code - TJK1035
Model of Financing – IsDB Loan and Grant
The Republic of Tajikistan has received financing in the amount of 17,15 million USD from the Islamic Development Bank toward the cost of the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Project in the Mountainous Regions of Tajikistan, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works and related services as well as consulting services to be procured under this project. The estimated total project cost is 19,15 million USD.
The project includes the following components and sub-components:
1. Improving Access to Vocational Training
Under this component, the project will improve access to student-friendly vocational training environment equipped with suitable furniture and equipment through rehabilitation of two educational institutions, construction of 11 new TVET centers, and construction/rehabilitation of two hostels, and supply of these institutions with modern equipment and furniture. Procurement of works and goods for construction/reconstruction of a building for the Vocational Training Centers package will be through National Competitive Bidding (NCB) method. The contracts will be financed by the IsDB.
2. Improving the Quality and Relevance of the Vocational Education and Training
Under this component the following key activities will be supported by the project:
- Consultant to conduct landscape analysis/needs assessment will be selected using Quality and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method with shortlist of firms from IsDB member countries.
- Consultant for creating/upgrading career guidance platform will be selected using QCBS method with shortlist of firms from IsDB member countries.
- Consultant to develop a national plan & market-aligned program, and public advocacy for generating demand for TVET will be selected using QCBS method with shortlist of firms from IsDB member countries.
- The project will train 13,000 youth and women preparing them for active economic and social life. It is planned to engage a firm(s) to provide services for this activity on ‘all-inclusive’ basis, that will include: organization of short-term courses, providing scholarships to the students, provision of accommodation and logistics, developing and coordination of training materials, etc. For procurement of contracts as non-consulting services the NCB method will be used.
3. Financial Auditing Services
Under this component, a domestic financial auditing firm will be selected to ensure a comprehensive fiduciary assurance to IsDB on the overall project delivery. The engaged financial audit firm will review project financial statements and prepare audit reports.
4. Project management support
This component will include selection of consulting firm for detailed design, procurement of goods / works / services and construction supervision shall be procured using QCBS method with shortlist of firms from IsDB member countries.
Procurement of contracts financed by the Islamic Development Bank will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods, Works and related services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing (current edition) and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines. Consulting services will be selected in accordance with the Guidelines for the Procurement of Consultant Services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing (current edition).
Specific procurement notices for contracts to be bid under the Islamic Development Bank’s national competitive bidding (NCB) procedures and for contracts for consultancy services will be announced, as they become available, in IsDB or DgMarket portals, web-site of the Executing Agency, and local newspapers (as applicable).
Interested eligible firms and individuals who would wish to be considered for the provision of goods, works and consulting services for the above mentioned project, or those requiring additional information, should confirm the Beneficiary at the address below:
Name of the Contact person – Sattori B. B.
Position of the Contact person – Executive Director
Organization Name – Project Implementation Unit
Tel. - (992 37) 224 32 57
E-mail – SBmohammad@idb-school.tj
Notice: Potential bidders desiring additional information on the procurement in question or the project in general should, unless indicated otherwise, contact the project agency and not the IsDB.