Reconstruction of the Suusamyr-Talas-Taraz Road, Phase IV (km 104,6-197,6) - GPN
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Country: Kyrgyz Republic
Project: Reconstruction of the Suusamyr-Talas-Taraz Road, Phase IV (km 104,6-197,6)
Mode of Financing: IsDB Loan and Grant, OPEC Fund and SFD loan, Government of Kyrgyz Republic financing
Financing nos.: KGZ-1027 (IsDB)
The Government of the Kyrgyz Republic has applied for a financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), Saudi Fund for Development (SFD) and OPEC Fund for International Development (OPEC Fund) in the total amount of 105.2 million US Dollars and it intends to apply a part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works, related services and consulting services to be procured under this Project.
The Project will include the following components:
- Consultancy services:
- Design Review and Construction Supervision: for review and finalization of detailed engineering design, preparation of prequalification and tender documents, conduct tendering process, construction supervision and undertake quarterly progress reports of the Project. The consultant will prepare an Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) for its further implementation. It will also carry out road safety audit along the road section to ensure that proper road safety measures are incorporated into the design.
The consultant will be selected from a short-list of consultancy firms from IsDB Member Countries. The short-listed firms will be allowed to submit offers on sole basis or through a consortium between any two of them. The selection will be based on the QCBS method and financed by IsDB. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the “Guidelines for the Procurement of the Consultant Services under IsDB Project Financing” (April 2019 edition).
- Project Financial Audit: a local auditing firm will be selected from a short list of local firms by a method of Least Cost Selection in accordance with the “Guidelines for the Procurement of Consultant Services under IsDB Project Financing” (April 2019 edition), to undertake semi-annual and annual financial audit reports of the project.
- Civil Works: the proposed section of the road is 93 km long (48,4 km – in populated areas and 44,5 km in non-populated areas) and is located within Talas region and takes its beginning at km 104,6 at the west border of Talas city, there the road goes westward up to the state border of Kazakhstan (check point Kichi-Kapka). The road section covers Kara-Buura, Manas and Bakai-Ata districts of Talas region. It will be upgraded up to Category II international importance two and four lanes road with the following geometrical parameters:
in populated areas:
- subgrade width - 24,0 – 30,0 m
- carriageway width – 14.0 m
- shoulders width – 1,5-2.0 m
in non-populated areas:
- subgrade width - 15 m
- carriageway width – 7,5 m
- shoulders width – 3,0 m
- bridges – 7 units
- underpass – 1
- culverts – 170 pieces, 93 out of them are on junctions and 29 on sidewalks.
Sidewalks will be constructed and illuminating lamps will be installed in populated areas to ensure road users safety.
Procurement of civil works will be financed by the three above mentioned Financiers and based on the Open International Competitive Bidding (Open ICB) with prequalification of bidders, i.e. in two steps: contractors’ prequalification and then bidding among prequalified contractors, as specified in the “Guidelines for Procurement of Goods, Works and Related Services under IsDB Project Financing” (April 2019 edition), and will be open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Guidelines.
A Specific Procurement Notice for the civil works contract will be published at IsDB, SFD, OPEC Fund, UNDB Online and DG Market websites, and in local newspapers and website of the Beneficiary.
Interested eligible bidders who wish to be included on the mailing list to receive invitations for prequalification/bid under ICB procedures and interested consultants who wish to receive a copy of advertisement requesting expression of interest for consultancy contract, or those requiring additional information, should contact the address below:
Islamic Development Bank Investment Project Implementation Group
Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic
6th floor, room 611, 42 Isanov Str.
720017 Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Telephone: 996-312 31-43-88, + 996 312, 31-47-22
Fax: +996-312 31-43-88
Note: Potential bidders desiring additional information on the procurement in question or the project in general should, unless indicated otherwise, contact the project agency and not the financing organizations.