Upgrading of National Roads in Uganda - 7 Components
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Country. The Republic of Uganda
Name of Project. Upgrading of National Roads in Uganda
Mode of Financing. Instalment Sale
Financing No UGA1055
Notice Type: General Procurement Notice
The Government of Uganda (GoU) represented by the Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) has applied for financing in the amount of USD 295,000,000 (United States Dollars; Two hundred ninety-five million) equivalent from the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) toward the cost of the Upgrading of National Roads, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works, related services and consulting services to be procured under this project. This project will be jointly financed by the IsDB Funding, OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Funding and GoU Funding.
The overarching development objective is to boost the socio-economic development of Uganda by providing better access to social infrastructure, facilitating access to market for farmers and traders and reinforce the regional integration.
- Promote economic development in particular through agriculture, trade and tourism.
- Reduce disparities in transport infrastructure and improve social well-being with increased mobility and improved accessibility of the population in the project influence zone to health, education and other services
- Reduce the cost and time of transporting people and goods.
- Ensure the safety of road users.
- Facilitate exchanges between Uganda and Democratic Republic of Congo.
The project scope includes the following components:
Component 1: Civil Works.
Component 2: Consultancy Services.
Component 3: Institutional Support to Project Management Unit (PMU)
Component 4: Land Acquisition
Component 5: Road Safety.
Component 6: Financial Audit, and
Component 7: Contingency Emergency Response Component (CERC)
The goods, works and related services to be procured are as follows:
- Supply of traffic and condition monitoring equipment (NCB)
- Supply of 2 Vehicles for PMU- (Shopping)
- Supply of Computers for PMU- (Shopping)
- Civil Works Lot 1: The Upgrading of Katine - Ochero Road (70km) including Construction of 6 km of Town Access Roads in Kaberamaido and Kalaki Towns (ICB).
- Civil Works Lot 2: Prequalification for the Construction of Masindi Port Bridge (ICB/MC)
- Construction of 1No. Number fixed and 2 No. Mobile Weighbridge (NCB)
- Civil Works for the Upgrading of the Kyenjojo (Kihura)-Bwizi-Rwamwanja-Kahunge (68km)/Mpara-Bwizi (37km) all totalling to 105km (ICB/MC).
- CONSULTANCY SERVICES
- Consultancy Services for Supervision Lot 1: Upgrading of Katine - Ochero Road (QCBS/IS)
- Consultancy Services for Supervision Lot 2: Construction of Masindi Port Bridge (QCBS/MC)
- Consultancy Services for Supervision Lot 3: Upgrading of Kyenjojo (Kihura)-Bwizi-Rwamwanja-Kahunge (68km)/Mpara-Bwizi (37km) all totalling to 105km (QCBS/MC).
- Consultancy Services for Road Safety Component (Blackspot Study) (QCBS/LC)
- Consultancy Services for Financial Audit (LCS/LC)
Procurement of Contracts financed by the IsDB will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods, Works, and related Services under IsDB Project Financing (April 2019) and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines. Consultancy services will be selected in accordance with the Guidelines for the Procurement of Consultant services under IsDB Project Financing (April 2019).
Specific Procurement Notices for Contracts to be bid under the IsDB’s International Competitive Bidding (ICB) or International Competitive Bidding – Member Countries (ICB/MC) procedures and for Contracts for Consultancy Services will be announced, as they become available, on the IsDB external Website, UNRA website www.unra.go.ug , DgMarket, UNDB Online and relevant technical magazines, newspapers and trade publications of wide international circulation and in local newspapers such as The New Vision and The Daily Monitor.
Interested eligible firms and individuals who would wish to be considered for the provision of Goods, Works and Consultancy services for the above-mentioned project, or those requiring additional information, should contact the Beneficiary at the address below:
Director Procurement / Head, Procurement & Disposal Unit,
Uganda National Roads Authority,
Plot 3 – 5, New Port Bell Road,
UAP Nakawa Business Park
First Floor, Block D
P.O. Box 28487 Kampala, Uganda
Tel: 256- 312-233100/256414318000