Construction of Unyama Irrigation Scheme Infrastructure and Facilities in Gulu and Amuru Districts
EXTENSION OF DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF BIDS FROM 30TH MAY 2023 TO 15TH JUNE 2023
Procurement Package Title: Construction of Unyama Irrigation Scheme Infrastructure and Facilities in Gulu and Amuru Districts; Procurement Reference No.: MWE/WRKS/22-23/00012
- The Ministry of Water and Environment in cooperation with the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) on 6th April 2023 published a Specific Procurement Notice (SPN) for the above-named procurement with a deadline for submission of bids of 30th May 2023 on international digit media platforms. This was further published in national newspapers and on the Ministry websites. These dates were included in the Bidding Documents that is being issued to all bidders.
- This serves to inform all the prospective bidders and the general public that the deadline for submission of bids have been revised from 30th May 2023 to 15th June 2023
- Therefore, the clauses in the instruction to bidders -ITB 22.1 and ITB 25.1 of the bidding document are herewith revised to read 15th June 2023 same time, same venue
- The rest other conditions of tender remain absolutely unchanged.
Specific Procurement Notice
IRRIGATION SCHEMES DEVELOPMENT PROJECT IN UNYAMA, NAMALU AND SIPI REGIONS, UGANDA
WATER AND ENVIRONMENT SECTOR
PROCUREMENT OF WORKS
Mode of Financing: Instalment Sale and ISFD Loan
Financing No. UGA -1038
Procurement Package Title: Construction of Unyama Irrigation Scheme Infrastructure and Facilities in Gulu and Amuru Districts
Procurement Reference No.: MWE/WRKS/22-23/00012
1. The Republic of Uganda has received financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) toward the cost of the Irrigation Schemes Development Project in Unyama, Namalu and Sipi Regions, Uganda, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Construction of Unyama Irrigation Scheme Infrastructure and Facilities in Gulu and Amuru Districts.
2. The Ministry of Water and Environment now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Construction of Unyama Irrigation Scheme Infrastructure and Facilities in Gulu and Amuru Districts. The Scope of Works entails:
- Construction of Diversion works
- Construction of earth fill dam with 24m height and a crest length of approximately 974m
- Construction of a chute spillway located on the right bank of the dam, designed to discharge a flood of 86.4 m3/s, with a return period of 10,000y comprising an approach channel of length 275m, 25m long ogee weir, discharge channel and chute channel with stilling basin
- Construction of outlet works comprising an approach channel, intake tower, water conveyance conduit and terminal structures
- Construction of irrigation network comprising of: Lined main and secondary canals reaching the different zones in the command area, Unlined Tertiary and field canals distributing water directly to the irrigation fields; Unlined main, secondary, tertiary, field and interceptor drains so as to drain low-lying areas
- Construction of Access and scheme roads
- Construction of Scheme buildings and facilities including an office block, residential buildings, storage facility, rice drying platform, cattle troughs, farm sheds, and sanitary units
Further details on the above works are provided in the bidding documents. The qualification requirements are detailed in Section III of the Bidding document.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding limited to IDB member countries (ICB/MC) procedures as specified in IsDB’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and related services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing April, 2019 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.18 -21 setting forth IsDB’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Head, Procurement and Disposal unit, Ministry of Water and Environment at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with copies to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the bidding documents during office hours from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on official working days (Monday-Friday) at the address given below in (9).
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of UGX 300,000. The method of payment will be by Bank payment Advice Form obtained from Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) website using “other NTR” as a tax head in the form. The hard copy of the bidding documents in English will be available for pick up at the address mentioned in (9) and the soft copy can be accessed at https://www.mwe.go.ug/library/tendersprocurement
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 11: 00 a.m. Ugandan time on 15th June 2023. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below at 11:05 a.m. on June 15th, 2023.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of UGX 1,400,000,000 (Uganda Shillings One Billion Four Hundred Million Only).
8. The address(es) referred to above is:
Procurement and Disposal Unit Ministry of Water and Environment Headquarters
Attention: Head Procurement and Disposal Unit
P.O. Box 20026,
Plot 3-7, Kabalega Crescent, Luzira
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org