Establishment of Commercial Large Scale Fodder Farms
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING [ICB/MC]
INVITATION FOR BIDS [IFB]
COUNTRY: FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
NAME OF PROJECT: KANO STATE AGRO-PASTORAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
PROCUREMENT FOR WORKS
MODE OF FINANCING: IsDB Istisna’a
FINANCING NO. NGA 1007
Contract Title: Establishment of Commercial Large Scale Fodder Farms
ICB/MC Reference No.: KN/KSADP/W/A.1.1.2
1. The Kano State Government has received financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) toward the cost of the Kano State Agro-Pastoral Development Project (KSADP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Establishment of Commercial Large Scale Fodder Farms across Kano State, which include: Land Preparation, 20Km Fencing and Paddocking, Construction of 20km Access Earth Roads, Construction of 20 Offices, Construction of 20 Units Hay Storage and Pasture Seed Stores in the following locations; Panyabo - Doguwa LG (50Ha), Gora - Madobi LG (50Ha), Yar’maraya – Tudun Wada LG (50Ha), Gidan Kifi, Tiga – Bebeji LG (100Ha), Buram Binjar Kafin Gora (50Ha), Badume – Bichi LG (50Ha), ‘Yankifi – Kunchi LG (50Ha), Katsarduwa – Danbatta LG (50Ha), Kaci Kura – Kabo LG (50Ha), Wuro Bagga – Bagwai LG (40Ha), Zaura – Ungogo LG (50Ha), Dudduru – Ajingi LG (210Ha), Fajewa - - Takai LG (50Ha), Sayasaya – Albasu LG, (50Ha), Zainawa – LG (50Ha), Lajawa – Wudil LG (50Ha).
2. The Kano State Agricultural and Rural Development Authority (KNARDA) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Establishment of Commercial Large-Scale Fodder Farms as per the breakdown in 4 Lots below:
Lot 1: KN/KSADP/W/A.1.1.2/ 0011 – Supply of Farm Machineries (Bailers & Slashers)
Lot 2: KN/KSADP/W/A.1.1.2/0012 – Establishment of Fire Breakers and Pasture Development (Land
Preparation, Planting & Fertilizer)
Lot 3: KN/KSADP/W/A.1.1.2/0013 – Construction of Warehouse, Office and Store
Lot 4: KN/KSADP/W/A.1.1.2/0014 – Fencing of the 1,000Ha
Note: Bidders are allowed to bid for more than one lot
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding limited to IsDB member countries (ICB/MC) procedures as specified in IsDB’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and related services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing (April 2019 version) and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.18 -21 setting forth IsDB’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Project Coordinator, Kano State Agro-Pastoral Development Project (KSADP), KNARDA building, KM 9 Hadejia Road, Kano, Nigeria, Telephone: (+234) 803 596 0538, e-mail: email@example.com and purchase the bidding documents during office hours (9:00am to 5:00pm working days).
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English language may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Ninety Thousand Naira Only (NGN90,000.00) or its equivalent in USD. The method of payment will be payable into 0080187881, Sterling Bank, KSADP State Government Counterpart Fund. Such a receipt shall identify the payer as representing a contractor or “joint-venture” willing to participate in the bid. The document can be collected during working hours, at the Secretariat of the KSADP, KNARDA Building, KM 9 Hadejia Road, Kano.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 23/10/2023 from the date of this publication. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of:
a) Lot 1: NGN6,500,000.00 OR its Equivalent in USD
b) Lot 2: NGN26,000,000.00 OR its Equivalent in USD
d) Lot 3: NGN9,500,000.00 OR its Equivalent in USD
e) Lot 4: NGN20,000,000.00 OR its Equivalent in USD
Each bid should reach the Secretariat of the KSADP on or before the 23rd of October, 2023 at 1200Hrs local time (GMT+1).
8. The address referred to above is:
Kano State Agro-Pastoral Development Project (KSADP)
Attn: Ibrahim Garba Mohammed (Project Coordinator)
KNARDA building, KM 9 Hadejia Road,
P.M.B 3130 Kano, Nigeria
Tel: (+234) 803 596 0538
TO BE OPENED ONLY DURING THE TENDERS BOARD BID-OPENING SESSION
Bids shall be opened on the 23/10/2023 at 12:00 local time (GMT+1)
Only one person can represent a bidder, even in the case of a Joint-Venture.