GPN - Irrigated Agriculture Development in ISSYK-KUL and NARYN Regions Project
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
IRRIGATED AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT IN ISSYK-KUL
AND NARYN REGIONS PROJECT
Mode of Financing: Loan
Financing No.: IsDB KGZ-1022
The Kyrgyz Republic has applied for financing in the amount of US$ 20.0 million equivalent from the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) toward the cost of the Irrigated Agriculture Development in Issyk-Kul and Naryn Regions Project and it intends to apply part of proceeds to finance payments for goods, works and services to be procured under this project. This project will be jointly financed by the Saudi Fund for Development through concessional loan (US$ 30.0 million) under parallel financing arrangement and FAO through grant resources (approximately US$ 0.60 million), specifically to support implementation of Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building component.
The project aims to improve the living standards of the rural population through sustainable agricultural development and water management with adaptation to climate change. The project also aims to increase economic returns in the value chain for rural residents by expanding integration and market links. The proposed project aims to improve water management through investments in the collection and storage of surface runoff and irrigation infrastructure to improve irrigation on the existing 14,600 ha of arable land and the development of new 6,000 ha of irrigated land. The proposed water resources infrastructure is mainly targeting to address the water shortage that is driven largely by a rapidly changing climate regime, and to regulate the water supply during the cultivation season.
The project consists of following components:
- Sustainable Water Resources and Land Management - the component scope includes: (i) Construction of four (4) water storage and regulatory facilities (Uch-Korgon, Shamsi, Tugel-Sai and Zhuuka) with average storage capacity of 3.5 million m3. The works include construction of earth dams, intake and outlet canals, regulated emergency and spill-over discharge channels, access road, electricity supply and other related structures, including hydro-posts and gauging stations. (ii) Construction of approximately 125 km new irrigation network consisting open lined canals to develop 6,000 ha new lands and rehabilitation of approximately 65 km existing network of primary and secondary level to improve the water supply on the existing 14,600 ha arable land. Installation of water outlets, gates, mudflow and flood discharging channels, as well as land levelling included into the scope; (iii) supply of machinery and equipment for the district water management authorities to effectively maintain the upgraded irrigation schemes, water storage and regulatory facilities.
Procurement packages under the component:
Construction of Tugel Sai Water Storage Facility
Construction of Uch-Korgon Water Storage Facility
Improvement of Irrigation Networks in Jumgal district
Supply of O&M Machinery
- Improvement of Agriculture Production & Value Addition - the component will concentrate on the support of enhancing the agriculture value chains to increase the impacts of developed irrigation and land infrastructure. These activities will be supported with capacity building on sustainable agriculture production, best agricultural practices, climate smart technologies, overall management and business planning.
Procurement packages under the component:
Construction of Agriculture Storage Facilities in Issyk-Kul Region (multiple lots/contracts)
Construction of Agriculture Storage Facilities in Naryn Region (multiple lots/contracts)
- Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building - the component will support the value chain participants towards higher efficiency and competitiveness of the marketed products through provision of capacity development and institutional support.
- Consultancy Service for Design & Supervision - the component includes recruitment of consulting firm for review of detailed design prepared by the executing agency, preparation of bidding documents and supervision of construction works. Consulting firm will be selected through Quality and Cost Based Selection and financed by SFD.
- Project Financial Audit Services - certified local audit firm will be selected from the short-list of firms among the national firms through the Least Cost selection method for preparation of project’s annual audit reports throughout the project implementation period.
Procurement of contracts financed by the IsDB will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the Islamic Development Bank’s Guidelines for Procurement of Goods and Works Under Islamic Development Bank Financing (current edition), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines. Consulting services will be selected in accordance with the Guidelines for the Procurement of Consultant Services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing (current edition).
Specific procurement notices for contracts to be bid under the Islamic Development Bank’s international competitive bidding (ICB) or international competitive bidding – member countries (ICB/MC) procedures and for contracts for consultancy services will be announced, as they become available, in IsDB Website, DG Market and UNDB Online.
Interested eligible bidders who wish to be included on the mailing list to receive invitations to bid on procurement of civil works and supply of goods, and interested consultants who wish to receive a copy of advertisement requesting expressions of interest for consultancy contracts, or those requiring additional information, should contact the address below.
Project Management Unit for IsDB investment projects
PMU for the Irrigated Agriculture Development in Issyk-Kul and Naryn Regions Project
720055, Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek
Office-room No.15. Toktonaliev str., 4a
Tel: + 996 (312) 540287 or (312) 540537
Notice: Potential tenderer desiring additional information on the procurement in question or the project in general should, unless indicated otherwise, contact the project agency and not the IsDB