GPN - Feasibility Studies to Develop Awqaf Free Zones - 4 Components
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
IsDB HQ – Saudi Arabia
Feasibility Studies to Develop Awqaf Free Zones
Islamic Economics and Finance
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Mode of Financing: IsDB Institute Grant Financing
Financing No. ZZZ2716
The Islamic Development Bank Institute has approved grant financing toward the cost of Feasibility Studies to Develop Awqaf Free Zones, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works, related services, and consulting services to be procured under this project.
The project will include the following four components:
- Legal and Regulatory Feasibility
- Assessment of existing and potential legal and regulatory frameworks to create, regulate and supervise AFZs. The recommendation should ideally be a model law and regulatory framework that provides an enabling environment for AFZs and is easily adaptable and customizable for IsDB MCs.
- Commercial and Financial Feasibility
- Assessment of the commercial and financial viability of the AFZ concept. This may be based on a benchmark of Free Zones with indicative investment requirements, start-up and operational costs, indicative returns, etc.
- Governance and Operational Model(s)
- Evaluation and Recommendation of potential options for the governance and operational models of AFZs outlining the respective roles, responsibilities, and authorities of the host country(ies), donors, founders, investors, etc.
- Implementation Road Map and Strategy
- A detailed roadmap and strategy on steps, activities, milestones, and critical success factors to further develop and implement the AFZ concept preferably leading up to the piloting of the concept in 1-2 IsDB MCs.
Procurement of contracts financed by the Islamic Development Bank/Islamic Development Bank Institute will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods, Works, and related services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing (effective April 2019 revised Feb 2023) and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines. Consulting services will be selected in accordance with the Guidelines for the Procurement of Consultant Services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing (effective April 2019 revised Feb 2023).
Specific procurement notices for contracts to be bid under the Islamic Development Bank’s international competitive bidding (ICB) or international competitive bidding – member countries (ICB/MC) procedures and for contracts for consultancy services will be announced, as they become available, on IsDB Website, UNDB and Dg market
Interested eligible firms and individuals who would wish to be considered for the provision of goods, works, and consulting services for the above-mentioned project, or those requiring additional information, should contact the Beneficiary at the address below:
Islamic Development Bank Institute
Attention: Corporate Performance Team
8111, King Khlid St.Al Nuzalah Al Yamania Dist. Unit No. 1, Jeddah 22332-2444, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia