Awqaf Properties Investment Fund (APIF) participates in the financing of waqf/endowment income generating commercial and residential real estate properties to enhance the financial sustainability of its beneficiaries and support their social and charitable activities.
‘We empower Awqaf … to enable the Ummah’
Purpose of the Fund
To reviving the Islamic Sunnah of Waqf by developing Awqaf properties around the world to increase their returns and thereby contribute to the sustainable socio-economic development of the Ummah.
To ensure the sustainability, financial independence and social development of philanthropy organizations for the benefit of the Islamic Ummah.
Types of interventions
- Development of new construction projects (i.e. greenfield projects)
- Enhancement/renovation of existing properties
- Purchase of existing properties
Types of properties
- Mixed-Use Facilities
Resources of the Fund
Paid-up capital of APIF
Line of financing extended by IsDB to co-finance projects with APIF
ACHIEVEMENTS SINCE ESTABLISHMENT
- 15 Projects are supporting education (Universities, schools and research activities)
- 18 Projects are supporting the various charitable and relief activities
- 17Projects are supporting the development of Awqaf institutions and religious education
- 2 Projects are supporting youth development and empowerment
- 2 Projects are supporting the health sector
Al Bayan Foundation
Sustainable Development Goals