Request for Expressions of Interest (Individual Consultant) - Team Leader on Supervision and Contract Management
The Kyrgyz Republic has applied for financing from the Islamic Development Bank toward the cost of the “Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Improvement Project (RWSSIP)”, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services.
The development objectives of the above mentioned project are to assist Kyrgyz Republic in (i) improving the access to and quality of water supply in target rural areas; (ii) improving hygiene and sanitation services; and (iii) building up capacities of institutions in the water supply and sanitation sector.
The Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Improvement Project (RWSSIP) includes 5 components: Component 1 – Civil works, Rehabilitation of rural water supply and sanitation systems; Component 2 – Supply of machinery for operation and maintenance, laboratory and IT equipment for the sanitary and epidemiological surveillance and billing system; Component 3 – Capacity building in sanitation and Institutional development; Component 4 – Consultancy services: detailed engineering designs and supervision; Component 5 – Project management.
In order to improve the quality, time and cost control system for ensuring adequate supervision and management of construction work in accordance with the contract terms, ARIS intends to engage an international full-time consultant, this international engineer will support the ARIS team responsible for technical supervision through training and professional development activities. The Consultant shall conduct regular training sessions as and when necessary for the ARIS team and the engineers involved.
The Community Development and Investment Agency (ARIS) now invites eligible consultants (“Individual Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Individual Consultants must provide specific information (CV) demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Consultant must meet following qualification requirements:
- At least a Bachelor's degree in construction in the areas of: water supply, hydraulic technical engineering, industrial and civil engineering. In addition, the Consultant must have an appropriate certificate for performance of works;
Qualification and Experience:
- Work experience in post-Soviet countries, knowledge of regulatory documents in the field of construction;
- Knowledge and work experience with advanced building technologies;
- The Consultant must have at least 5 years of professional experience in construction of water supply systems and in conducting training on construction supervision;
- The Consultant must have work experience as an Engineer under at least 1 contract for construction of water supply systems and must know safety and labor standards in such contracts;
- Knowledge of standard bidding documents of international development institutions, terms of contracts, and experience in successful administration of projects;
- The expert should be familiar with AutoCAD or other modeling software related to the task.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Guidelines for the Use of Consultants under Islamic Development Bank Financing (May 2009, amended 2012).
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 18:00 (local time).
CVs with a cover letter with indication of position should be delivered to the address below by 17:00 (local time) 26 August 2019.
The Community Development and Investment Agency (ARIS) of the Kyrgyz Republic
To: Timur Maralbaev, ARIS RWSSIP Coordinator
Address: 102, Bokonbaev street, 720001, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Tel: +996 (312) 62-07-52; 30-18-05
Fax: +996 (312) 62-47-48
Web site: www.aris.kg