CONSULTING SERVICES [Design and operationalization of the Lebanon Green Investment Facility]
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANT SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS)
Islamic Development Bank
Climate Action Enhancement Package – CAEP for the Republic of Lebanon
CONSULTING SERVICES [Design and operationalization of the Lebanon Green
Investment Facility (LGIF)]
Mode of Financing: [N/A]
Financing No. [N/A.]
The Islamic Development Bank received a Technical Assistant Fund (TAF) from the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) Partnership to support the Republic of Lebanon in the implementation of its Climate Action Enhancement Package (CAEP). In this regards the Islamic Development Bank intends to request for consultant services.
The Islamic Development Bank would like to engage the services of an Individual Consultant to support the design of the LGIF through (i) the assessment of operational costs of the LGIF and (ii) the development of a resource mobilization strategy.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below.
The Islamic Development Bank now invites eligible consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide specific information which demonstrates that they are fully qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, demonstration of appropriate skills, etc.).
- The shortlisting criteria are:
Proven skills and experience in the following areas are essential:
- Climate finance, public financial management and project development and management and technology transfer;
- Financial resource mobilization activities with government departments, funding institutions and non-governmental organizations;
- Green financing, such as green bonds, private sector resource mobilisation and climate finance;
- Policy analysis, advice and capacity development related to climate and/or development finance, and public policy/finance/budget management;
- Lebanon’s climate change policies and the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) under the Paris agreement.
- Coordination with national counterparts, partners or donors;
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Paragraphs, 1.23, and 1.24 of the Guidelines for Procurement of Consultant Services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing (the “Procurement Guidelines”), setting forth IsDB’s policy on conflict of interest.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultancy (IC) method set out in the Procurement Guidelines.
The detailed term of reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following websites: https://www.isdb.org/tenders. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours (09:30 to 16:30 hours (local time – Saudi Arabia).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the email address below by 30 June 2020.
*Please note that this request for EOI has been reopened in order to further strengthen the pool of qualified consultants. Applicants who have already submitted their EOI do not need to re-apply.*
Climate Change Division
Biola Kazeem Badmos (BBadmos@isdb.org)
Daouda Ben Oumar Ndiaye (DNdiaye@isdb.org)
Rowaa Al Khouli (RAlKhouli@isdb.org)