Research Facilities Expansion Project in the Faculty of Engineering, University of Tehran (FEUT), Iran
1. This invitation for bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared on the websites of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) (www.isdb.org) and University of Tehran (www.ut.ac.ir), as well as "Hamshahri" newspaper issue No. 4319 of 17th July, 2007, and "Tehran Times" newspaper issue No. 10089 of 18th July, 2007.
2. FEUT has applied for financing US$ 36.42 million from the IDB toward the cost of enhancement the research facilities and scientific capability of FEUT, and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing for payments under the contract(s) for which this invitation to bid is issued.
3. FEUT now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for supply, delivery, install, training, test and commissioning including warranty and guarantee of research equipment to be procured as per list attached.
The Bids are divided into 9 Packages; each Package is detailed as follows. Interested Bidder can participate either in one Package, a group of Packages or all Packages; however portions of Package will not be entertained.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the international competitive bidding procedures specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods and Works under IDB Financing, dated November 2006, and are open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in these guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information; ask any question or getting more clarification from FEUT through writing, maximum 15 days prior to the closing date of the tender, or at the pre-bid meeting at Address below on Monday, 27th Oct, 2008 from 10 till 12 a.m. local time.
6. Interested bidders may obtain complete set of electronic files of bidding documents in English either from the Address below on a CD during official working hours from 9 a.m. till 2 p.m. local time, or from the University of Tehran web site.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 10 a.m. Sunday, 7th Dec, 2008. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of, as specified in the bidding documents. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 10 a.m. Sunday, 7th Dec, 2008.
Address: PMU Director, Planning and Development Office (PDO), Faculty of Engineering*, University of Tehran, Enghelab Ave., Tehran, P.O.Box: 11155-4563 I.R. of IRAN
Tel: (+98 21) 66957783, 61112903 - Fax: (+98 21) 66957787
E-mail: email@example.com , Website: www.ut.ac.ir.