Low Carbon and Resilient Infrastructure - Challenges and Opportunities for Mainstreaming Climate Actions
Time & Date of Event
9:30 AM to 10:30 AM on Wednesday, 16th of November 2022
This event will focus on mitigation and adaptation. UNOPS will share examples from their climate-compatible infrastructure projects around the world. In addition, UNOPS will talk about its climate-related infrastructure tools used to support client countries i.e SustainABLE, CATI, SIFT, and NISMOD. IsDB will present examples of climate smart infrastructure, including transport sector examples.
The side event could achieve the following:
- Share with stakeholders sample climate adaptation and mitigation actions in infrastructure projects
- Share experiences and lessons learnt in mainstreaming climate actions in infrastructure
- Exchange climate knowledge with stakeholders and participants
- Build climate capacity of participants in form of reference resources
- To facilitate the operationalisation of Article 6 of the Paris Agreement by providing participants from different countries with the guidelines and tools they need to voluntarily cooperate with each other in order to achieve the targets set out in their NDCs.