People's Republic of Bangladesh
% Total Capital
Since membership in 1974, IsDB has created 2.2 million jobs in Bangladesh. In addition, the Bank’s financing assisted the country to reach the following socio – economic results:
- In Energy Sector, the installed energy generation capacity was increased by about 3,400 MW of power, powering 258,000 homes.
- In Agriculture Sector, the Crop production increased by 2.5 Million tons.
- In Education sector, approximately 100,000 students benefited from access to education and better facilities.
- In Health Sector, about 720,000 patients received treatment each year.
- In Telecom Sector, about 1500km of Fiber Optic Network was built and about 160 million new subscriptions for land/mobile/internet connections were supported.
- In Transport Sector, annual passenger capacity at airports was increased by 5.2 million and 1,523 km of local roads were built or upgraded.
- Water and Sanitation related support benefited about 13,500 households with access to potable water.
- Women and Youth Empowerment Projects improved life of about 10,000 women and youth.
- Under COVID-19 response on Hygiene facility, more than 6.34 million people will gain daily access to handwashing facilities as 25,600 standard handwashing stations will be installed in slums & critical public places across the country. About 3,750 key public institutions including remotely located health care centers will gain reliable handwashing and water supply facilities. More than 23,000 frontline WASH workers will be provided & protected with personal protection equipment.
H.E. AHM Mustafa Kamal
Minister of Finance
H.E. Ms. Sharifa Khan
Secretary, Economic Relations Division, Ministry of Finance