Lives & Livelihoods Fund
Who we are
On September 29th 2016, the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and development cooperation partners launched a US$2.5 billion Lives and Livelihoods Fund (LLF) with a joint vision to raise the poorest out of poverty in IsDB member countries. The LLF is the largest development initiative of its kind in the Middle East and serves 33 IsDB member countries.
The LLF donor partners working with the IsDB on this innovative initiative are:
- Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF)
- UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)
- Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development (ISFD)
- King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Centre (KSRelief)
- Qatar Fund for Development (QFFD)
The IsDB is the LLF’s trustee and manages the LLF Projects as per the Charter in accordance with the IsDB’s project cycle, after their approval by the LLF’s Impact Committee (the fund’s Board with representation from all partners).
The IsDB and Donors have established a management unit whose mandate is to coordinate fund activities. The Lives and Livelihoods Fund Management Unit (LLF MU) supports pipeline development and oversees the LLF project portfolio in close collaboration with IsDB teams.