The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the UNESCO World Academy of Science (TWAS) are seeking nominations for this year’s Refugee and Displaced Young Scientists Programme.
The programme aims to support young researchers under the age of 40, who are refugees or displaced in or from Member Countries of the IsDB and have a good track record of international publications.
Candidates selected will be elected to the TWAS Young Affiliate Programme. The Young Affiliates will be granted membership to the prestigious TWAS Young Affiliates Network (TYAN) and their Affiliate status lasts for five years.
During their five-year tenure Young Affiliates will be, among other things, invited to all TWAS general meetings and conferences, and will also have opportunities to attend regional meetings of TWAS fellows organised by regional partners.
Young Affiliates are also eligible for TWAS awards. As members of TYAN they are invited to actively contribute to the Network, which offers access to many competitive opportunities such as the TYAN Collaborative Grants Awards, TYAN International Thematic Workshops, and the newly established TYAN Outreach Programme.
Applicants must be aged 40 or younger, on 1st January 2020 (or the year of
Applicant have been forced to leave their home country and/or city
- Applicant have a good track record of international publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Send nominations, CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information please email email@example.com
- More information can also be found on Refugee and Displaced Scientists Programme and TWAS Young Affiliates Programme
- Deadline for receiving applications is 30th July 2020
- The list of eligible IsDB member countries can be found here https://www.isdb.org/isdb-member-countries