Jobs in Indonesia Hub
Program Manager of the Orphan Kafala Program
Program Manager of the Orphan Kafala Program
- The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Group (www.isdb.org) is an international financial institution with 57 member countries. It was founded in 1975 to foster the economic development and social progress of member countries and Muslim communities individually as well as jointly, following the principles of Shari'ah, i.e., Islamic Law. The IsDB Group activities in Indonesia are aligned under the Member Country Partnership Strategy (MCPS) 2016-2020. The MCPS is a strategy document that guides the operation of the IsDB Group in its member countries over the medium term (3-5 years).
- In December 2014, IsDB Group established its Country Gateway Office (CGO) in Indonesia (www.isdb-indonesia.org), wherein 2017, the CGO, reformed to Regional Hub Indonesia (RHI). The RHI facilitates and galvanizes the cooperation of IsDB Group with all the stakeholders in Indonesia, including the Government, private sector, academia, civil society, and development partners, and serves as a single access point for all the products and services offered by the IsDB Group.
- In the aftermath of the Tsunami, the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) and the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) worked together to launch a campaign to pool resources from donors for safeguarding child victims of the Tsunami. As a result, the OIC-IsDB Kafala Orphan Program was initiated in 2006.
- The main objective of the program is to support orphans in Aceh by providing financial aid to them. Since 2006, more than approximately 13,000 orphans have gained benefits from the program. The Program is being implemented by three locally contracted Program Implementation Agencies (PIAs), namely, Baitul Mal Muamalat (BMM), Pertumbuhan Keadilan Peduli Umat (PKPU); and Rumah Zakat Indonesia.
- An OIC Alliance Field Office (“APSO”) was established in May 2006 in Banda Aceh for overall coordination and implementation of the "Tsunami Orphan Kafala Program." In particular to provide necessary care for the orphans (access to education, health, care, and shelters) until they can become productive and useful to their society while preserving their cultural identity and Islamic values. The program is governed by a Board of Trustees, Executive Committee, and supervised by APSO.
- The Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia, via a letter dated 9 January 2017, requested the OIC to end the program of APSO in Banda Aceh by March 2017. It is worth to note that after November 2016, GoI was legally no longer be a member of the Executive Committee.
- Parties (OIC, IsDB, and GoI) agreed that IsDB, through its Regional Hub Indonesia office (RHI) in Jakarta, took over the role of APSO and acting as the program manager for the OKP.
- In this context, IsDB RHI is now seeking the services of a Consultant who will be acting as Program Manager to oversee the day-to-day program implementation.
- The overall objective of the assignment is to oversee the management and remaining implementation of the ongoing program and ensure that the program can be successfully implemented with an adequate documentation and reporting system.
- With the closing of the program in December 2021, the consultant will work with the RHI team and the Program Implementing Agencies (PIA) to prepare and develop the Program Completion Report.
- With the consultation with the RHI team, the consultant to explore and develop a draft program/project design for the post the completion of the Orphan Kafala Program.
- The proposed consultancy is to assist the IsDB Regional Hub Indonesia (RHI) Office in Jakarta for the management of the ongoing Orphan Kafala Program. The consultant will be based on the RHI Office in Jakarta; given that this program is located in Aceh with the Project Implementation Agencies (PIA) offices in Jakarta and Bandung, the Consultant will be acting on IsDB RHI's behalf to oversee and manage the program in Jakarta, working closely with the PIAs and will conduct regular site visit to Aceh.
Scope and Deliverables
- In the framework of the present consultancy services, which is expected to take up to 12 months, the Consultant is expected to:
- Undertake adequate day-to-day management of the program, including effective program implementation, reporting and documents progress towards the achievement of outputs;
- Assure that OKP has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress;
- Provide adequate leadership and analysis in the program development, organizational and financial plans, and carry out plans and policies authorized;
- Promote active participation by staff in all activities related to the program;
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with local and central government’s regulations;
- Maintain working relationships of significant developments in the field;
- Support and advise IsDB RHI on how to advance the program with innovative and out-of-the-box thinking, including identification of new opportunities and cooperation;
- Provide adequate reporting of the activities of the program regularly to the IsDB RHI and the relevant department of the IsDB HQ if any;
- Ensure that IsDB rules and regulations concerning program, finance, procurement and human resources are adhered to; and
- Support any other IsDB RHI project(s) implementation and/or assignment(s), as per the instruction of the Resident Representative of the IsDB RHI.
- Develop a communication strategy to promote and expose the program in the local and national media;
- Create and maintain social media tools (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) for the promotion of the program to a broader audience;
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs, and goals;
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with stakeholders, community groups and other organizations; and
- With close consultation and approval from the Resident Representative of IsDB RHI, present the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the public.
Budget and finance:
- Provide adequate management and monitoring on the program budget and facilitate budget approvals and revision processes as per IsDB policies and procedures;
- Ensure proper recording and accounting documentation as required by IsDB and preparation of required financial reports. Facilitate transparent financial management of the program that is able to stand up to regular audits and evaluation;
- Work with the OKP team, PIAs and the relevant departments of the IsDB HQ, among others, preparing the budget, program plan, monitoring and evaluation; and
- Ensure that adequate funds are available for the program.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating (M & E) of the project implementation;
- Supervise and lead the office and PIAs, M & E team members in ensuring effective implementation of the program;
- Design and implement monitoring tools and mechanisms to record the progress of all project activities;
- Make annual plans for M & E;
- Prepare draft forms further adaptation concerning M & E; and
- Promote new ideas for the efficiency and effectiveness of the M & E.
- Develop monthly workplan and ensure submission of a monthly delivery as per the program outputs;
- Provide in-dept analysis and adequate report writing on all program activities;
- Prepare work plans, produce timely reports – financial and progress reports – as required by IsDB;
- Provide analysis and feedback on the the Quarterly Reports of PIAs and ensuring that reports are submitted on a timely basis make necessary validation to the submission;
- Undertake data analysis and regular reporting (e.g., annual report, donor reports, HQ, etc.); and
- Prepare the M & E Report & Annual Report.
- The Consultant will be responsible for fulfilling the following tasks:
- Monthly Workplan: The Consultant will submit a monthly work plan, which has to be review and approved by IsDB RHI as a baseline for the Consultant activities.
- Monthly Report: The Consultant will submit a monthly report containing a progress report against the approved work plan, where on each submission, the Consultant provides the previous monthly report with the next month's monthly work plan.
- M & E Report: The Consultant will provide M & E Report on the agreed periodic basis to IsDB.
- Program Completion Report: The Consultant will provide the Program Completion Report of the Orphans Kafala Program.
- Draft Program/Project Design: The Consultant to developed the program/project design for post the Orphans Kafala Program.
- Annual and Final report: The consultant will present and submit the comprehensive Annual and/or final report, depending on the continuity of the contract, elaborating the program implementation for the last one year with the lesson learned and key finding.
- Position structure for OKP related works: The Consultant will oversee and work together with the Finance and Admin Officer. The Consultant will be responsible for his/her performance to the Resident Representative of IsDB RHI, but on day-to-day management, the Consultant is under the supervision of the Operation Team Leader and/or the Project Management Specialist.
The requirement of Qualifications & Experience of the Consultant
- Master’s Degree in socio-economic or relevant fields.
- More than seven years of substantive and proven track-record and experience in working with Multilateral Development Bank, Bilateral Organization and/or United Nations Agency, as well as program/project design & planning, management & implementation, and monitoring & evaluation.
- Experience in the preparation and development of the program/project closure and reporting.
- Proven ability to work under pressure with a deadline with ability to multitasking.
- Proven ability to produce high-quality report writing and analytical pieces, as well as drafting program/project design.
- Possess strong knowledge and understanding of indigenous, people, and culture. Possess an understanding of Acehnese people and culture, and/or possess work experiences in Aceh is an advantage.
- The selected candidate must have the following competencies: excellent program/project management; organizational management; team building and planning skills; meticulous in detail; highest level of client orientation; strong communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build trust; demonstrated ability to work effectively in team, delivering through and with others; ability to multi-task and deliver high-quality work on conflicting demands within tight deadlines; and possess integrity, professionalism, and respect for others.
- The remuneration of the consultancy assignment will be in accordance with the IsDB remuneration standard. And the remuneration inclusive of tax, and the employee is required to report and pay the income tax directly to the tax office.
Terms of Payment
- The schedule of payment is monthly, upon the submission and clearance of the monthly report by the IsDB RHI Indonesia. All payments will be effect only upon receipt of the required documentation, and the satisfactory acceptance/clearance from IsDB. Reimbursable expenses should be submitted with the necessary invoices and receipts.
Contract Structure & Commencement Time
- The selected candidate will have to go through a three months’ probation period and based on the satisfactory performance result, and the contract will be extended for another nine months, with a total of 12 months contract.
- The selected candidate is expected to start the work as soon as possible.
Award of Contract
- The Consultant who received the highest score in the evaluation will be award the contract. The final decision on the evaluation and award of contract will be at the discretion of the IsDB and cannot be challenge.
- Updated CV with cover letter which explains on how your experiences and skill-set is match with the vacant position, sample of individual report in English, and relevant supporting document to be submitted vide email RHiIdonesia@isdb.org with cc Mr. Deni Fauzi (firstname.lastname@example.org). And the deadline for submission is on Friday, 6 November 2020.
Islamic Development Bank Group Internship Program in Indonesia
Islamic Development Bank Group Internship Program in Indonesia
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is a AAA rated Multilateral Development Bank mandated to promote social and economic development in its 57 Member Countries and Muslim Communities worldwide. The IsDB is a global leader in Islamic Finance, providing long term sustainable and ethical financing structures. The IsDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving social & economic infrastructure, health, education, transport, energy & agricultural sectors.
Islamic Development Bank Group Internship Program in Indonesia
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Group Regional Hub Indonesia is seeking qualified Undergraduate or recently graduated (Bachelor or Master’s Degree) applicants to participate in its Internship Program.
IsDB Internship Program provides a wide range or opportunity to gain insight into the work of Islamic Finance and Development. The selected applicants from diverse academic backgrounds will be assigned to the IsDB Regional Hub Indonesia office, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments.
The program is open for applications maximum four times a year. IsDB Regional Hub Indonesia will only accept full-time interns for a minimum of two months and extendable up to six months, this extension is subject to the performance evaluation and the approval of the IsDB Regional Hub Indonesia. After completing the internship period cumulatively up to 6 months, the internship cannot be renewed.
Candidates applying to the program should meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate or graduate students, or fresh graduates with Diploma / Associate, Bachelor, or Master’s Degree;
- Nationalities :
- Indonesian nationals or
- Other IsDB Member Countries’ nationals residing in Indonesia or
- Member of Muslim Communities of IsDB non-member countries residing in Jakarta
- Never been previously enrolled in any of IsDB’s Internship Programme for more than 4 months cumulatively;
- Having most recent GPA of 3.00 and above (0-4);
- Be medically fit
- Having good communication skills : Proficiency in speaking and writing in English ;
- Computer literate in standard software applications ;
- Demonstrate skills in analytical thinking, communication, and research ;
- Able to perform a variety of tasks;
- Consistently approach work with energy and positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the fields of Development and Banking, and have a personal affinity to the IsDB vision and mission.
The beneficiaries of the program are expected to obtain the following skills upon finishing the programme:
- General Skill :
- Capability of basic office works and tools
- Capability to work on specific assignments under strict timeline
2. Specific Skills :
- Comprehension of IsDB Group and its operations in the following sectors :
- Project and Corporate Finance
- Public / Private Partnership
- Islamic Finance
- Trade Finance
- Export and Investment Insurance
- South – South Cooperation
- Understanding of development project cycle and contribution to IsDB project development and implementation.
Upon completing the internship, interns will receive a recommendation (reference) letter to acknowledge their work in the IsDB Regional Hub Indonesia indicating their performance and achievements. Interns will receive opportunities to attend internal training and workshop if such training occurs during the internship period.
Program Scope of Activities:
Interns may be assigned to assist in the following tasks:
- Annual programming for IsDB sovereign financing activities,
- Business development and deal sourcing of PPPs and Private Sector,
- Conducting appraisals (due diligence) on new projects for sovereign and private sector financing,
- Providing research and analysis on macro/micro economic related subjects,
- Supporting in the execution/implementation of approved projects,
- Assisting and reviewing Terms of References (TORs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs),
- Assist in preparation of presentation and marketing materials,
- Providing analysis on the effectiveness of IsDB Group operations in Indonesia,
- Supporting events/workshops as applicable,
- Providing administrative support and assistance to key activities,
- Other tasks to be agreed upon.
The IsDB Regional Hub Indonesia will bear any expenses related to missions undertaken as part of the activities.
All expenses connected with an Intern’s participation in the Program must be borne by the intern. IsDB may provide a stipend at the end of the internship program, based upon satisfactory performance appraisal during the internship.
Interested candidates shall send the following documents to the Regional Hub Indonesia (email@example.com) with “Internship Application” as subject:
- Application for the Internship (download here)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Professional reference / recommendation letter
The program is conducted quarterly (on the months of January, April, July, October) and we look forward to receiving your applications. You can send your application with all the supporting documents before the starting of the program in each month mentioned above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for final selection.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org